PARENTS & GUARDIANS
SUCCESS IN THE NEW ECONOMY by Kevin Fleming
What is INSPIRE Sheboygan County?
INSPIRE Sheboygan County helps your student achieve his/her career goals by bridging the gap between classwork and the work world. INSPIRE creates a way for students and job-seekers to actively interact with area employers and career coaches. By encouraging your child to take advantage of the tools, you can help them discover the career path that is right for them and to attain their career goals.
How does the program work?
Inspire Sheboygan County is a 501c(3) organization with a mission to connect students to career experiences and companies to their future workforce. By integrating career development tools, social media elements and workforce data into a seamless system, job creators, students, educators and parents can connect efficiently and effectively. Inspire is powered through a web-based program which connects a student’s career interests with real companies and real-life professionals in that career area.
The system, which is powered by and integrated into a licensed product called Xello, that provides a customized information sharing and resource gathering environment where students/job-seekers can:
- Learn about area companies that offer jobs and careers in their area of interest
- Participate in career discussions with an online mentor/career coach from that company
- Further interact with that company by participating in other Career-based Learning Activities, such as job-shadowing, Youth Co-ops, Youth Apprenticeships, internships, company tours, and summer employment
How can a parent participate?
- The biggest help you can provide your child is the encouragement to go out and connect with local companies. Once student’s have their first experience, they begin their career journey.
- Encourage your child to connect to a local company here: https://inspiresheboygancounty.formstack.com/forms/inspire_student_request